The Wise Woman National Program was launched under the patronage of His Excellency President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa yesterday (04th January, 2022) under the guidance of Hon. Minister of Skills Development, Vocational Education, Research and Innovation Dr. Seetha Arambepola.
About 30% of the female population in the country contributes to the economy through the female workforce. This program will focus on the remaining 70% to identify their capabilities and skills and direct them in the right direction of economic development in the country.
The Ministry of Skills Development, Vocational Education, Research and Innovation will implement the Nipuna Udana program at the district level in the future.
The name Sri Lanka has been marked nationally and internationally in various fields.
Professor and scientist at University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Neelika Malavige
Sri Lankan Marine Biologist, Dr. Asha de Vos
Group CEO of Hemas PLC, Kasturi Chellarajah Wilson
Model Factory Manager-Digital Technology at Rolls-Royce International, Nipuni Karunaratne
Mechanical and Robotics Engineer, Melony Mahaarachchi
The first two female pilots of the Sri Lanka Air Force, Rangana Weerawardena and Pavithra Gunaratne
Managing Director at Winstone Hotel Group, Iyanthi Gunawardena
Boxing Referee and Judge at the 2020 Olympics, Nelka Shiromala
First woman Chairperson of the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM), Thilanka Abeywardena
In recognition of the above-mentioned great women at the program, His Excellency President Gotabaya Rajapaksa presented awards.